Saturday, June 27, 2009

Looking back

I just happened to be flipping through some June photos, and accidentally landed in the June '08 file. I was just in shock at how much these little girls had grown, so quickly. I feel like I should literally be able to watch them sprout if they grow this much in one year.



Speaking of growing up, it has definitely been on Kathryn's mind a lot lately. I must have said, "Kathryn, you are growing up too fast" one too many times, because now she is obsessed with it. It started one day when she was telling me about what she was going to do when she grew up:
K: "... and I'll get married, and we'll live here with you and Dad!"
M: "When you get married, you won't live with Mom and Dad anymore. You'll get a house with your husband, and you'll live there with him, just like Mom and Dad live in their own house."
K (almost in tears): "But I can't live here with you anymore? Will you miss me? Will you be so sad???"
M: "I will be a little sad, but that's what God says to do, and so I'll be happy, too, that you are doing what God says."
K: "Mom? I don't want to grow up. I just want to live here with you."

Ever since then, she will just come over to me at random times throughout the day, give me a big bear hug, and say, "Mom, I don't want to grow up too fast, because I want to live with you. I just love you so much." I have to push back the tears as I tell her that when it's time, she'll be ready. I am so thankful to God for the three little girls He has given us to raise, and I pray we will bring them up to be invaluable servants of His.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Aww, that's so sweet. I'd tear up, too!

P.S. Baby still not budging. We went for a long walk tonight (to Dairy Queen so I had motivation) and with the pain and discomfort I was feeling I'm hoping I made at least some progress!

joshua Sebree said...

Taylor wants to marry Josh so she can live with us forever. I told her I would be ready for her to move out by that time:)

Jen said...

hahahahah...that is the cutest thing ever! There are days when I would go back to that age---to be carefree, no responsibility--playing...

Rands said...

I am sitting here crying! That is the most precious thing. I tell Daniel all the time that I wish I could TiVo the girls... so that I could rewind time and just experience it again and again (well, some things anyway... let's be honest, there are some moments I would fast forward through too!)