Friday, April 04, 2008

The Wateraholic

Those of you who really know my girls are not at all surprised by this picture. This morning I gave Olivia both cups and asked her to deliver one to her sister. She *started* to obey, then couldn't resist the urge...

If you have taken advantage of the amazing Kroger deals this week, then you, like me, have nothing short of an extreme excess of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits. If you bought the flaky kind, here is a fun recipe to try. It was given to me as a "breakfast recipe", so I made it this morning. They were actually more like cookies, and quite a bit of sugar for "breakfast", so we ate lots of fresh fruit, then had them as a "breakfast dessert" =)

INGREDIENTS (I did half recipe since our biscuit cans were the small ones)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 (12-oz.) can Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits

DIRECTIONS
1.Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2.In small shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Separate dough in 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 3 to 4 layers. Dip each layer in melted butter; coat both sides with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
3.Bake at 400°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I saw that Kroger ad. I knew that you'd have a bazillion coupons to pair with it.

I even wanted to stock up...BUT we are moving. I don't want to make anyone carry boxes full of food.

Jeremy said...

MAN!! We don't have Kroger around here!! Oh well.

Olivia looks like me these days...I feel like all I do is drink water. It'll be worth it to have a good amount of fluid for this baby!

-jess

Anonymous said...

That picture is hilarious! And no, it doesn't surprise me AT ALL =).

Rosie

Anonymous said...

That is just about the funniest picture I've ever seen.She is so cute.She does love that water.Kerrie

Anonymous said...

hahahaha lol... your girls do LOVE their water!!! Miss you guys. Love ya
-karlie =]

Lauren said...

Hi, Micah! I CANNOT BELIEVE you're about to have the baby!! Time really does fly. Thank you for the sweet comments about Dawson. Congrats on your new house!! Isn't building fun? (ok, well, sort of). You're right, you're at the fun stage now. I hope your closing goes well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you have a great day...your girls are precious!