Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Frustration

Brad has been working late hours lately getting ready for year end. Last night when he called to say he was on his way home he asked if he could pick up something for supper. He is always good to ask this when he knows it has been a long day. I am always good to say no, but last night was an exception. Both of the girls have been sick, Kathryn with strep and Olivia with a cold, and it had been a really long day... so we agreed on Papa John's pizza - my favorite. I got online to get the specials and hurried to place the order so Brad could stop on his way home to pick it up.

There were two specials:
1. Large one topping and Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks for $11.99
2. Large five topping Perfect Pan for $12.99
We agreed on the large five topping. When I called, the guy speedily rambled something like, "would you like blah, blah, blah" as quickly as he could, and I readily responded with my order. He then proceeded to tell me they are out of the crust that makes that pizza, therefore that special is void until they get more in.
Okay.
I'll go with the other special.
Great.
"It will be ready in 15 minutes." Thirty-five minutes later I called Brad to see where he was. Still waiting for our order.
When he does finally get home this is what our "New- Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks" looked like:

Yes, I really did take a picture. I have every intention of sending this picture in to Papa John himself.

2 comments:

McIntosh Twins said...

Hey Micah....
Not so funny after a long day! I know all about those long days. Hey if you want I can say something to the Papa's wife. She worships with us. I could even print the picture out if you want!

Meredith

True Narnians said...

Wow. I think those were originally used on the set of Jurassic Park as archaelogical finds.