Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let it stop, let it stop, let it stop

Well, I should probably start with Saturday night, when the girls and Brad were in the Whitsitt's yearly talent show. They asked us last week if the girls would be up for doing the pledge of allegiance. We weren't exactly sure how they would feel about standing up on a big stage in front of 150+ people, but we said we'd give it a try. Kathryn was so pumped about it - I think I have a performer on my hands. After all, she is her daddy's daughter. She practiced putting her hand on her heart and saying "I pledge allegiance to the flag" over and over and over. (We figured the audience would carry her after that). When she first stepped on stage, I thought she might throw up, but then she spotted Brad and remembered to put her hand on her heart and knew exactly what to say. Definitely more reserved than she was at home, but not as bad as it could have been, and I have to admit, better than I expected. Brad's singing quartet did great, of course, and he's pretty angry that I didn't get a picture of their group up on stage :-P. Thanks to Ted who bailed me out. He took all the pictures for the talent show, so I grabbed one off the Whitsitt's website ;). The whole show was full of talent and very much a success.
Livie had been sick on Friday, but was feeling better by Saturday and we thought she was over it. We ended up leaving the talent show early because she started running fever again. She was pretty much out of commission all day on Sunday and Monday. Doesn't she look pathetic?Waiting very impatiently for "puptates" (cupcakes) on Monday night to celebrate Olivia feeling better =)


So then yesterday it started to snow. And snow. And snow. Spring, where are you? Did you not get the memo that you are supposed to come right after Christmas every year? It stopped snowing around noon today and we ended up with almost a foot. Brad was more excited than all the rest of us put together. They closed his office, so he got a "free" day off. Plus, he had never seen this much snow before. He even pulled me out of bed at 7:45 to "come and see, it's crazy!!!" So here are the boring, this is what a foot of snow looks like, pictures...

When Kathryn looked out our back door and saw the patio table she said, "Look, Mom, it looks like a big cake!"

Maggie was less than enthused about being pushed into a snowsuit that was too small and going to sit out in some wet and very cold, bright stuff. So that lasted two minutes.

But as soon as we came in and pulled her suit off, she crawled as fast as she could over to the window so she could watch what was going on. Then proceeded to squeal with delight and look at me like, "MOM! Why do I have to stay in here?!?" (sigh)

And finally, I'll leave you with some shots of the girls playing in the snow. You can't tell how deep it was by looking at them because they couldn't reach the bottom of it ;)

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Love, love, love the picture of the girls waiting for cupcakes! How cute is that. And very familiar. My girls love when I turn the oven light on too, especially when somethin' good is baking. :)