Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rejoice with me

After two months of very tedious searching, I found it. Where?

Well, in here, of course! Why did I randomly decide to clean out this terribly unorganized box of ribbon today? It was on my to-do list, and it seemed like a pretty harmless task, so I did it. And what do you know? I found a treasure!

I called Kathryn in right away to show her what I had found, since she knew what I had lost and how special it was to me. She was so excited at first, then furrowed her brow and said, "Mom, I'm so sorry. If I had said, 'Did you look in the ribbon box?' a long time ago, you would have found it." Bless her heart!

To answer the obvious questions, we're calling to get it insured today, and going to have it sized as soon as we find a jeweler. If anyone in the Indy area knows a jeweler that you trust - really trust, let us know!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jen said...

YAY!

Rands said...

Oh I'm SO happy for you!! Daniel lost his wedding ring (though he didn't seem as upset about it as you were.. hmm..) and I finally bought him a new one. Since he thinks he lost it in a hotel room in Nashville, I doubt we'll ever see the original again... but I guess stranger things have happened!

Megan said...

When I was about Kate's age, my mom lost the diamond to her engagement ring. I don't remember it, but I'm told that I sat with her (after spending hours looking for it) and just cried and cried alongside my mom. That's precious what Kate said. Just precious.