Friday, September 12, 2008

I put on my mascara before my eyeshadow today. I've felt "backward" ever since.

I had decided I would start some "fun" pre-school days with Kathryn this year, just to get her used to the idea of "school". I had this brilliant idea that we would have "themed weeks" where we would focus on something new every week, like one week would be butterflies. We would wear things with butterflies, make butterflies, observe butterflies, get library books about butterflies, you get the idea. I was so proud of myself for thinking so creatively and just knew this would be a wonderful learning experience for both of us. My bubble was completely burst when I read on her blog, that this was a completely unoriginal idea. In fact, not only is it not just my idea, there has apparently been a book already published with a whole curriculum like this. So much for originality.

Its been raining all morning. I love rainy days, especially when I can just sit curled up on the couch and read a good book. I can't do that today. I have to clean my house, then I have to go over and clean my mom's house. So much for a rainy day.

I had this great plan to get all my laundry caught up first thing this morning (I think I even promised Brad last night that I would :-O), but when I went to put a load in, I realized I was out of laundry detergant. So much for doing the laundry.

I wish I could start this day over.

4 comments:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Yup, I remember Luke. I think I've been to Hershey before - my grandparents used to live in NJ and would take us kids on road trips all over the place.

How can you not like pickles!? My dad doesn't like them either. I just don't understand it! :)

Sorry about your day. Make cookies. THat always makes me feel better :)

Megan said...

Ohh ... I'm so sorry about your day. I think your idea is great -- maybe Amy just blogged about it first. :) Can I be in your preschool class??

Jen said...

hahaha..did you have "a Jonah day" in the words of Anne of Green Gables?

I hate frustrating days like that...

Amy K said...

Actually I'm VERY impressed that you thought of a curriculum idea on your own. I could have never done this. I have ZERO creativity when it comes to preschool stuff (and actually a lot of stuff). :) Whatever you do I'm sure will be fun and Kathryn will love it.