Monday, June 09, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I know, I know, my first post in a month and the last thing you wanted to see was my menu plan, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Finally. The past two weeks have shown me how important a plan is. I feel totally lost and discouraged when 4:30 rolls around.

We have a lot of staples that we need to pick up, so we're not going to even try to hit our $40/week budget this week, but next week hopefully, we'll be back on schedule.

I'm going to do like Alaina and post my menus but not assign a day to them. That works better for us...

-Tacos, Bean Dip, Veggies and dip

-Grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, Garlic Oven Fries, corn on the cob, fresh fruit (this will be for Tuesday night. We have a big crowd coming over)

-Hot sandwiches, chips, fresh fruit (most likely Wednesday night since we need something fast to get to Bible class on time)

-Steak, parmesean potatoes, steamed broccoli

-Italian meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans (this is one of the freezer meals that the ladies at church made for us when Maggie was born)

I've also started having some kind of a plan for breakfasts and lunches. I've found that if I don't, I end up running out of supplies =). I've also noticed that my girls prefer big breakfasts and hardly any lunch. That suits me fine too, so we have eggs with something else almost every morning, then snack around at lunch.

Breakfasts: omelets, french toast, pancakes, baked oatmeal, cinnamon rolls

Lunches: PB&J, fruit, sandwiches, granola bars, left-overs

I promise to post some pictures soon. Maggie is growing like a little weed. I can't believe she is already 6 weeks old! We are loving our new house. It is just perfect for us!
Be sure to check out Organizing Junkie for more great menus!

No comments: