Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the slide...

Tonight we went to one of Brad's very last softball games of the season. Besides Brad, you can guess who is the second most (and may even beat out Brad for first) excited about these games. Especially when she learned at the first game she went to that there was a huge play area just for her :)!

Tonight was no exception, although, it was a little different. Every other time we have gone, the play area has been away from the field we played at, so we've played for a little while, then gone to watch Daddy play ball. Tonight, the play area was right next to the field - which was really nice, except that I still had to have my head turned to see what was going on, so I basically missed the whole game instead of half :).

The girls and I left after the first game so we could get back for bedtime. As we were walking out I was asking Kate if she had fun with Emily and Claire on the big slide. "Yes" she said emphatically. "It was soooo fun with Emmy and Claire! It was soooo fun on the big slide! Thanks, Mom. Thanks for taking me!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I knew there would come a day when she would appreciate the little things that I do for her, I just didn't know it would be so soon. I also had no idea how wonderful it would sound.

I can't believe how much I love these two little girls, and just when I think I can't love them anymore, they do something like this, and I love them all over again.

Our thoughts are especially turned to Olivia, who, one year ago today was just a 7lb 4oz bundle of joy. Happy Birthday, Olivia. We love you too, too much!

5 comments:

Alaina said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!

McIntosh Twins said...

I hope you all have a safe and easy move.......Hope to see you soon! (now that you are only 2 hours away...)

Love ya...
Meredith

karliemichelle said...

Hi Micah, this is Karlie. Adam, Rosie, and Claire came over for lunch today, and she gave us your blog address. I just wanted to say hi, and check in. I hope you all had a safe trip, and you are all doing well. Love you and miss you...

McIntosh Twins said...

Hope all is going well.....Can't wait to see updates!

Love ya
Meredith

Amy K said...

Hey, was just thinkin' about you guys and wondering if you're getting settled here in Indy okay!